- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Tips and Tricks for Building Great Whiteboard Videos on a Budget
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 13, 2013
User Experience Designer
Whiteboard videos are a great way to emphasize key points through video. By recording someone drawing on a whiteboard, or sliding around images that relate to your subject, you can enhance the learning experience by reinforcing your message visually. Whiteboard videos are hot right now because they’re engaging and enforce the message of any subject through the power of visual enhancement to the audio message. Plus, they’re just cool. This session will teach you some tips, tricks, and best practices for creating one of these videos on a low budget, with minimal artistic skill, and with the limited tools at your disposal.
Session participants will learn how to set up the workstation, how to prepare your artwork and do fewer takes, and how to edit your videos in post-production to achieve the ultimate goal of enhancing the learning experience. You’ll cover camera selection, video editing, lighting-kit set up, and preparation of images.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to set up the whiteboard (sizes, etc.)
- How to set up the camera so it’s not in your way
- How to prepare your artwork beforehand so you’re not wasting takes
- What to pick out of the voiceover to focus on
- How to use post-production software to edit your video
Novice-to-advanced designers, developers, and project managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- Training + Content Development Manager
- Remote: Instructional Designers for Computer Science Courses
- Instructional Designer I, Online Learning
- Learning Experience Designer