- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Training Your Organization’s Leaders: A CarMax Case Study
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 13, 2013
Manager, Talent Management
Are you born a leader, or is it possible to teach leadership? CarMax has built a program that says, “Yes, you can teach leadership.” The Summit Program gives CarMax the tools to take a high-potential manager and turn him or her into a high-potential leader.
Participants in this case-study session will examine the way CarMax researched and developed the content that is the core of the Summit Program. You’ll learn about the various research and data points used to determine the most important leadership traits that need to be taught and you will focus on how to teach, practice, and observe the execution of these high-level, esoteric leadership traits.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to teach leadership traits and behaviors
- How to assess the mastery of these leadership traits
- The advantages of a blended learning approach
- How to use community service to teach leadership
Intermediate professionals who have some instructional design background and who are involved in associate development and leadership training.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist
Remote (+/- 3 hours from CET)
- Digital Learning Designer
- Learning Specialist
Richmond, BC, Canada
- Candid Learning Curriculum Development and Train the Trainer
- Instructional Design Specialist
New York, NY