- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Converting a PC-based eLearning Course to an iBook
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - November 2, 2012
President and Chief Product Officer
Technology Transfer Coordinator
Dow Agro Sciences
There is definitely a lot of hype about going mobile, but going mobile is frequently not nearly as easy as it sounds. Challenge number one is the existence of courses that aren’t “mobile-friendly” in their current state – but that need to be for future-state access via iPads. Challenge number two is the fact that tablet users aren’t always connected – even though we’re all led to believe they are. Challenge number three is distribution – how do you get learning solutions onto learners’ iPads when you aren’t using a Web app?
Participants in this case-study session will learn how Dow AgroSciences used iBook as the answer to the three challenges listed above. You’ll get an overview of Dow’s business environment and the target learners who have limited connectivity, and you’ll see the original eLearning course that was created in Articulate and get a demonstration of the mobile solution built using iBook Author.
In this session, you will learn:
- Various alternatives to making a desktop course “mobile,” and the pros and cons of different options
- The challenges of converting an interactive eLearning course to a mobile solution using iBook
- A design process to use when repurposing content
- Elements that can be repurposed and those that cannot
- Ways to leverage widgets to add interactivity
Audience: Intermediate designers, developers, and CLOs.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island