- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Convert Classroom Training to Virtual Training in Three Simple Steps
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - November 1, 2012
Cindy Huggett Consulting
Increasingly, organizations are moving from instructor-led classroom training to the synchronous virtual classroom. However, instructional designers struggle to adapt classroom training to the live online environment. Many don't realize that one minute of classroom time does not equal one minute of virtual classroom time. And some face-to-face activities simply don’t translate, or even make sense, online. Many designers don't know what to translate versus what to build from scratch, or what activity options are available that will help meet the desired learning outcomes. This session will teach them how.
Participants in this interactive session will get answers to the question of how to translate traditional face-to-face classes to the live online classroom. You’ll get the skills to convert classroom training to virtual training using three simple guidelines that offer a process to follow when converting class designs. You’ll also get design tips for synchronous virtual classes.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to translate classroom lessons into virtual activities
- How to avoid the three most common conversion mistakes
- How to determine the best virtual activity format for each learning objective
- How to design virtual sessions for frequent participant engagement
Novice and intermediate designers who have a basic familiarity with live online training (i.e., synchronous virtual training).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer