- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Your Content Is Forever (Your LMS Is Temporary)
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - October 31, 2012
Director of Online Learning Technology
Berklee College of Music
Creating effective online courses requires a significant investment. The effectiveness of your current LMS, the speed with which you develop content into your LCMS, and the ability to migrate content to new platforms with ease are major issues in distance learning. Berkleemusic.com addressed the issues of LMS customization, development of highly interactive content, and content portability backed by enterprise-grade LCMS capabilities, ensuring that it can reuse its content on different platforms without the need for substantial reworking. To achieve that, it leveraged open-source software as well as widely embraced tech standards and developed a CMS in-house that's ready for both today's and tomorrow's teaching methodologies.
Participants in this case-study session will learn how to develop content with a high reuse value without locking into a proprietary solution that limits future options. Choices in terms of the platforms and systems in play can allow reduced content development times and maximized opportunities to focus the authoring effort on creating the most engaging experiences possible.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to evaluate an LMS based on its support for different learning technologies and customization opportunities
- How to streamline the development of eLearning materials using structured content
- How to model eLearning content to retain maximum flexibility in terms of content delivery options
- How to design a content publishing and deployment process to target multiple platforms, devices, and variations
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library