- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
We’ve Gone Mobile: Thinking Big but Starting Small
mLearnCon 2012 - June 19, 2012
Sr. Multimedia Developer
If your company has no prior experience in developing mobile applications, it can be an intimidating task to start designing mobile solutions from scratch. "What do we want to create?", "How do we create it?", and "Are we doing this right?" are questions we might ask when we begin exploring new methods of learning design ... and mobile solutions are no different.
Participants in this case-study session will learn about a vendor/client partnership to design and develop mobile productivity. You'll learn the unique strategic decisions involved in each step of the development process; and how to determine your mobile solution needs. You'll get tips for deciding which mobile solution format is best for your needs, and learn how technology constraints may affect your design decisions, why content for your mobile solution may differ from a desktop solution, how functionality testing can and should shape your solution, and various pilot and deployment strategies.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify your mobile need
- How to select the delivery/device for your solution via iPad, Android, Kindle, etc.
- Ways to determine (and address, if possible) your constraints
- The importance of mobile content design
- Why prototyping saves you time
- How to plan for future needs and recognize why your solution should be scalable
Technology discussed in this session: You'll see the sample mobile application demo on an ASUS Eee Pad Transformer running Android OS 3.2 - the primary target device for this application.
Audience: Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and managers who have an introductory knowledge of mobile capabilities and intermediate learning design skills.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island