- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Empowering the Mobile Salesforce with iPad Performance Support
mLearnCon 2012 - June 19, 2012
Global Learning Consultant
Bank of America
VP, Business Development
With over 60,000 approved mobile devices, BAML (Bank of America Merrill Lynch) is the largest mobile learning success story in the Financial Sector. 2011 saw iPads introduced into BAML and a leap forward in the Learning team's approach to mobile learning design and delivery. This blended-learning project, centered around an iPad-enabled Performance Support Sales tool, blurred the lines between Soft Skills training, Product Education, and Sales and Marketing support. Rather than simply putting existing product information and sales collateral (such as PDFs, PowerPoint, and other static materials) on iPad, BAML redesigned the structure of content and information to suit this new medium. This required creating compelling content for quick access that contained multiple layers of detail (for drill-down). The result: a flexible sales tool that could support unstructured presentations and conversations and that included product information, video footage, client recommendations, etc.
Participants in this case-study session will explore BAML's success in delivering performance support on iPad devices. You'll get practical insights into the challenges and successes of using tablet devices as part of a blended training solution.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to integrate learning on iPads into a blended solution
- Important considerations when evaluating the use of iPads in your organization
- Best-practice design considerations when building content on gesture-based touch screen devices
- The potential of tablet devices in performance support training
Technology discussed in this session: A solution built in HTML5 for Apple tablet technology (iPads). The strategy and design of the solution is relevant for any tablet device.
Audience: Those considering the strategic benefit of blended learning programs that include mobile delivery.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Instructional Development
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA