- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Leading in Insane Times
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 21, 2012
Managing Practice Director, Learning Services
With the economy unstable, the job market is also still unstable. Companies continue to downsize, or at least, not add people. Staff increasingly feels held hostage by their company. The increased workload, long hours, and threat of future downsizing has created slave-workers. Leaders feel oppressed as well, so leadership of any kind has left the building. Leadership has been off the radar for at least three years. Employees didn't need to be engaged in their work – they were lucky to have a job. Or so it seemed. This temporary situation is wearing thin, and employees are either looking for ways out or “quitting in place.” Either way, leaders must reconnect their staff to the company or face future workload and quality issues.
In this session, hopeful leaders will relearn how to re-engage employees. Through activities designed to build employee commitment, participants will leave with new ways to begin to grow their teams into a community with accountability and trust.
In this session, you will learn:
- To identify the 10 competencies of a technical leader, and self-assess
- To assess their own current engagement, and mitigate the results
- To create a plan for re-engaging staff
- To create productive, accountable teams
Audience: Intermediate participants should have responsibility for leading in an organization, either informally (through projects) or formally (through position).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA
- Training & Development Instructional Designer (Mid-Career)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States