- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Why Six Sigma Matters to eLearning Initiatives
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 21, 2012
Manager, Global Training
A looming issue in eLearning is the training community’s need to effectively integrate and partner with project management in the corporate environment. Project managers tie together all the disciplines in a project. The difficulty is that trainers need to talk to the larger community, including project management, to get to the completion of a project. Six Sigma has become hugely important in the world of project management. It's a form of project management that incorporates a school of thought, a common language, and a toolkit widely applied in the corporate environment. It’s not possible to speak of contemporary Project Management without understanding the contribution of Six Sigma.
Participants in this case-study session will explore a situation about technology implementation to support changing business requirements. When eLearning professionals adopt a Project Management mentality and gain Project Management proficiency, they recognize that Project Management is a tremendous asset to shaping perceptions and collaborative identity for eLearning.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why Six Sigma makes a difference in managing projects to successful conclusions
- The common language of Six Sigma
- How to get to the heart of what training needs to accomplish by being part of the project management process
- Project management best practices in eLearning
Audience: Participants should have some idea of how project management works.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Contract eLearning Instructional Designer
- Digital Learning Specialist
Remote (+/- 3 hours from CET)
- Digital Learning Designer
- Learning Specialist
Richmond, BC, Canada
- Candid Learning Curriculum Development and Train the Trainer