- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Mapping Your Course – Creating Strategic Training Plans
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 23, 2012
Workforce Services and Development Manager
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
The ability to think and act strategically is valued by mid- and senior-level leadership in organizations. The ability to create a strategic training plan can help raise awareness of the value to the organization and help you position your organization for success in obtaining necessary resources to achieve its goals. Creating strategic training plans takes time, but with a ready template and a moderate amount of business knowledge, most managers and non-managers can develop strategic training plans. Strategic planning is typically not a course taught as part of an instructional design degree, leaving training professionals without the skills needed to effectively communicate from a business perspective.
This session will provide participants an overview of the knowledge and skills needed to create a strategic training plan. Such plans will help the training organization increase its value by aligning the mission, objectives, and goals of the training organization to those of the overall organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- The purpose of strategic training plans
- How to align organizational goals with departmental goals
- The benefits of creating a strategic training plan
- How to develop a simple and moderately complex strategic training plan
- Who you need to involve in the development of a strategic training plan
Audience: Novice-to-intermediate participants should come to this session with examples of their organization’s mission statements, values statements, and organizational goals. Only share non-proprietary information during the session.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island