- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Managing for Scale: Scaling-up Blended Learning Programs Internationally
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 23, 2012
Senior Program Officer
Management Sciences for Health
As a result of developing good management systems for scale, MSH, with funding from the United States Agency for International Development, has successfully scaled-up virtual program offerings supporting 3,700 health professionals using six languages from more than 70 low-resource countries around the world. These offerings build participants' management and leadership capacity to achieve organizational results.
Participants in this case-study session will learn how MSH set up a management system that successfully assured high-quality facilitation, Web development, content adaption, and management training for new managers and support staff in order to offer up to 12 programs (often concurrently) per year in multiple languages. You will learn how they updated manuals; created a team of support managers and staff; developed a systematized approach to content management, course adaption, and translation; captured program improvements; and created a database to track and prioritize lessons learned, suggested improvements, and upgrades for future offerings.
In this session, you will learn:
- The elements of a successful virtual program-management system enabling scale-up of MSH’s virtual program suite
- How MSH managed translations and the adapting of program content to the local context
- How MSH trained and supported multiple project management teams during concurrent course offerings
- The lessons learned from this experience
Audience: Novice to intermediate participants knowledgeable about eLearning project management. Other organizations facing similar management or scale-up challenges in eLearning will find this session interesting.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer