- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Writing an RFP and Selecting a Vendor
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 21, 2012
Marc Rosenberg and Associates
The challenge for all learning leaders and practitioners is how to create a solid, consistent, and precisely-targeted-to-the-need-at-hand RFP process. You are likely to work with your procurement or purchasing department, as well as folks in I.T., H.R., finance, legal, and other areas of the business. Developing a sound RFP is not rocket science, but it does require a systematic understanding of your problem, a clear articulation of your needs and requirements, and a well-defined set of steps that result in a document that clearly reflects your needs, assumptions, constraints, and criteria. It also requires a good business writing style and some internal political savvy.
In this session, participants will learn the basics of writing a strong RFP: what to include and what to leave out, what to do before writing the RFP and what to do once you send it out, how to decide which vendors should receive the RFP, and how to select the right vendor to win the work. You’ll learn RFP “dos” and “don’ts” (key mistakes), and see examples of RFP components.
In this session, you will learn:
- The difference between Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposal (RFP)
- The key components of a well-developed RFP
- The benefits of conducting a “requirements analysis” prior to creating the RFP
- How to avoid the key mistakes most often made in developing an RFP
- Ways to manage vendors during and after the RFP process
Audience: Managers, project managers, and those who have to write or review RFPs or RFIs.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA