Training organizations often serve several audiences. Whether it’s soft skills, compliance, or technical training, your audience is made up of people of all shapes and sizes with differing skill sets and experience. Research tells us that the most effective training is designed with a specific audience in mind. How do you figure out who that audience is? How do you ensure that instructional designers focus on the same learners? How can you target your training so your content’s tone, level, and examples are just right for your audience?
Participants in this session will explore how instructional designers can use personas to help focus on their target audiences and build scenario-based, context rich, eLearning courses that will resonate with learners. Personas help answer questions about your learners like: What do they already know? What is their job? How motivated are they to learn? Knowing these things can ensure that you are creating the right level of training for the right people so you can develop scenarios, context, and instruction that is relevant for your audience.
In this session, you will learn:
- Best practices in creating effective personas
- How personas can help you clarify your training audiences
- How personas can help you focus your instructional design on what’s important to your learners
- The benefits of using a persona in developing content that is contextual and scenario driven
- How Salesforce.com used personas to revamp an entire training catalog
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.Log In Join