Fortunately, it has gotten a lot easier, and in most cases, it does not even require you to write code. You can still use code to fine-tune your tracking, but it is not necessary. In this session, we will explore ways to send xAPI without writing a single line of code.
We will first explore how to publish from Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate without doing anything extra. You can get basic xAPI tracking in your LMS and then control the data you can send in Storyline with some simple triggers, and even send the statements to an external LRS from your LMS. If you need to host your content outside an LMS, then we will walk through a free tool that will give you the code you need to copy and paste right into Storyline or Captivate. Finally, we will wrap up by talking about a way to track everyday applications like SurveyMonkey, Trello, or Google Docs to Watershed LRS or Grassblade LRS without having to write a single line of code. Now you have no excuse to start using xAPI right away!
In this session, you will learn:
- Exporting to cmi5 packages for xAPI tracking (in Storyline & Captivate)
- How to add custom triggers to Storyline to control what gets sent over to the LRS
- How to capture who the actor is when content is outside an LMS
- How to capture the actor and control all xAPI statements being sent to the LRS
- To connect everyday applications like SurveyMonkey to an LRS using Zapier
Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, xAPI Builder, Zapier, SurveyMonkey
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to view these files.Log In Join