- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Novelty or Necessity: Is Immersion the Right Play?
Realities360 2019 Conference - June 25, 2019
Chief Delivery Officer
Immersive technology can be alluring. It is a fresh canvas waiting for you to explore. However, just because it is exciting and new doesn't mean it is the right modality for your learners, the right fit for your team, or the best outcome for your organization. Are you considering AR/VR technology because it is novel and might grab some attention? Or is this a necessary tool with which you can finally fully explore subject matter in greater depth?
In this session, you will learn methods to accurately assess your learning requirements, and weigh them against immersive technology and traditional modalities. We will explore the impacts of new technology required to move training into the virtual/augmented reality space, and evaluate the benefit versus the investment. You will be able to utilize this process to vet each new project with confidence.
In this session, you will learn:
- Which questions to ask about your target audience to ensure they are ready for immersive technology
- How to analyze your production staff and identify any skill gaps when starting out in AR/VR
- To determine if your organization is ready to support immersive technology financially, technologically, and strategically
- How to determine whether AR/VR is the right tool for your project
Designers, developers, managers, senior leaders
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects